Thursday, April 18, 2013

April 18th, 3:30pm

From Christine: Today has been better than yesterday. I really appreciate all of the messages people have been sending me. 

Today has indeed been a much better day than yesterday. It has actually been pretty uneventful, so it feels like there is less to write about. I'm sure I'll manage to fill the space with something though! Her skin looks very similar to yesterday, with a few new open spots from blisters that have pulled off. Her general pain, discomfort, and attitude are much improved though. The doctors are all thinking she is starting to look better as well.

I arrived at the hospital around 10:15 this morning, armed with hot coffee for Mom. Christine was just needing to go to the bathroom, which ended up timing well with Derm coming to help with her bandages at 11:00. They didn't lance any new blisters today.

After she was bandaged up Grandpa George and Linda stopped in to chat for awhile, and then the three of us we went to the cafeteria for lunch while Christine ate an ENTIRE grilled cheese sandwich in her room. Mom, Grammy Pat, and Aunt Cindy sat with Christine while she ate. Then Grandpa, Linda, and I came back to the room for a bit so they could say goodbye while the rest of the crew went down for some lunch.

Now its just Mom, Tommy, and I in the room. We are expecting a flurry of doctors to stop by as the day ends - the "pain doctors" were just in, and her PCP. Mom and Tommy will be leaving soon to go for a walk and have dinner as Mom has not really left the hospital since the weekend. I will sit with her while they are gone, and David will join me after he gets out of work. Grandpa John and Kimmy might be stopping by later as well.

2 comments: